If you're asking yourself how to donate a car, you have come to the right place for the answer. Most charities make it very easy for you to donate your old car, regardless of it's condition.
This short tutorial section is designed to answer all of your questions.
What you will need to provide:
• The title or other proof of ownership
• The keys
That's it. Just the title and the keys.
We'll make an appointment to pick up your car at YOUR convenience. We simply ask for a 1 hour time frame in case there's traffic or something unexpected happens.
When we get there, we'll give you a receipt for your donation, and the actual form to file with your tax return.
That's the easy, simple answer to "how to donate a car".
What you need to ask:
• Is the charity registered with the IRS?
• How much is my vehicle worth as a donation?
• How long will it take to pick up my vehicle?
• Are there any fees involved?
Questions the charity may ask:
• Your name and phone number
• The location of the vehicle
• Does the car run?
• Is it drivable?
• Does it have any flat tires?
• The color
• General overall condition of the vehicle
These questions are just so that they know who to make a receipt out to, where to pick up the vehicle and what their tow driver can expect when he/she arrives.